It took a few weeks to perfect this delicious Mediterranean inspired super salad. I love to make up a batch on Sunday to eat for lunch during the week or as a side to some grilled chicken for a quick weeknight dinner.
Quinoa really is a superfood! It’s gluten-free, low-fat and a great source of protein and fiber. It makes the great base for a complex salad or side. This salad also features chickpeas, sweet potato, pepitas, red pepper, arugula, feta cheese & olives.
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, rinsed in a fine mesh colander and then cooked to package instructions. Cool completely once cooked
- 1-2 medium sweet potatoes, diced and roasted for 30 min until tender
- 1 14oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 cups arugula
- 1/4c pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 8-10 pitted olives, chopped
- 4 TB olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste